Muggle Matters Home
About our site
Make Site Suggestions
Narrative defined (Merlin)
Silver & Gold (Merlin)
Elendil's Sword (Pauli)
"X" Marks/Chiasm (Merlin)
Literary Approaches (Merlin)

Travis Prinzi




Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More

We hope you enjoy reading our Harry Potter discussion weblog. Please feel free to leave a comment and return often for more discussion.



 
 
View blog reactions
Add to Google
Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

HP Merchandise story
Protego
Bookends
Interesting hints from the woman herself
Hidden Humor
Riddles in Dark Chambers
Rowling and Consecrated Virgins
Cool Art
Bouncing Ferret Scene
Dante


----------------------------------------------------------------------- -->

Hogwarts, Hogwarts,
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare
And full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff.
So teach us stuff worth knowing,
Bring back what we forgot,
Just do your best
We'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot!



1: The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2: Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3: There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4: Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5: Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6: His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7: The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8: The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9: The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10: More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11: Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
12: Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13: Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14: Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Monday, October 31, 2005

On the Way

I returned today from this past weekend celebrating my sister's b-day with her and Pauli and my two nephews Gilbert and Joe (and the "baby on the way") and my parents and Pauli's parents and our friends Nathan and Julie and their 7 kids (one of whom is Joshua, whom I have mentioned in here and posted excerpts from Potterial email conversations with him, and another of whom is his next youngest sister Elizabeth, who is a voracious reader and may have even outdone Sarah from Sarah and Beyond in how many times she has read each Potter book).

I returned with a replenished arsenal of thoughts on things HP from conversations with Pauli and my sister and Nathan and Julie and Josh and Elizabeth.

These thoughts will be appearing here soon (provided good ol' Pauli does not beat me to it). For today I have other things to accompplish so I'm just throwing this up as a teaser, but I am logging the post titles in a spreadheet of "posts to write" so I am sure not to forget any of the goodies.

PS
To whomever reads our blog ... these types of conversations are the life blood of a blog like this - so feel more than free to email Pauli or myself with anything that strikes you while reading any of the posts or other thoughts you have had that connect (we promise, you'll get credit - we're not into stealing people's ideas ... mainly we're more interested in the blog evidencing how many people are finding this type of stuff interesting and meaningful, and it being a meeting place for all these neat observations and ideas and showing how the diversity of people who enjoy it and the diversity of their thoughts on it show the really rich breadth of the works) ... or, if maybe its a brief thought, post a comment (we receive email notification of comments being posted, including the content, so we're sure to interact with comments as soon as we can!)
posted by Merlin at 9:26 AM


Comments on "On the Way"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 28, 2006 11:00 PM) : 

Ok, gentlemen, just for the record, I have only read them each twice or something. Some of them NOT EVEN twice!!!!

You make me sound like I hang out with Harry all day everyday!

 

Blogger Pauli said ... (January 29, 2006 1:16 PM) : 

Sarah, you do hang out with Harry everyday, don't you? Anyway since you're blond you should be auditioning for the role of "Luna Lovegood" - they haven't picked anyone yet I don't think...

 

post a comment




Blog Directory & Search engine

Syndicate Muggle Matters (XML feed)
iPing-it!