Muggle Matters Home
About our site
Make Site Suggestions
Narrative defined (Merlin)
Silver & Gold (Merlin)
Elendil's Sword (Pauli)
"X" Marks/Chiasm (Merlin)
Literary Approaches (Merlin)

Travis Prinzi




Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More

We hope you enjoy reading our Harry Potter discussion weblog. Please feel free to leave a comment and return often for more discussion.



 
 
View blog reactions
Add to Google
Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

Lumos 2006 Class Notes - Friday
Can you see Merlin now?
A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words: John Granger ...
Pictures and Fun Stuff From the Night Before "Clas...
Lumos
Study Finds HP Has Positive Impact on Kids School ...
News from Lumos-bound Professor
R.A.B. and the Big Switcheroo
Robed and Ready
The Horcrux Hunt


----------------------------------------------------------------------- -->

Hogwarts, Hogwarts,
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare
And full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff.
So teach us stuff worth knowing,
Bring back what we forgot,
Just do your best
We'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot!



1: The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2: Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3: There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4: Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5: Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6: His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7: The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8: The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9: The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10: More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11: Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
12: Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13: Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14: Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

More Lumos Pictures and Morning Report


Wow ... busy and dangerous morning here at the Marriott in Vegas ... first thing I get here this morning, still groggy, and I get attacked by a Dementor in the hallways and have to kick his butt practically all by myself to save this girl.


And Harry was even nearby, but apparently he was too engrossed in Hogwart's a History (yeah, right) to lend a hand.


Luna was nearby with her lion hat but she said she and her said hat and friends only specialize in support at Quidditch games.


After that I just narrowly slipped by Draco and Lucius and a gang of Slytherins, but you can sort of see Lucius sitting there smiling evilly at me, I know just ready to whip that wand out of that cane and hex me ... but, like I said, I escaped ...

Well, that is I escaped from the frying pan into the fire ... right into the clutches of Ritah Skeeter, who thought it was terribly interesting that I kicked a Dementor's cold, scaly posterior all by me onesy but started focusing immediately on how I got my start as a complete wild nutter up in the hills (in the early Arthurian material.)

My case was definitely not helped by the fact that this guy, a vendor at the conference, who looks like he might even be crazier than me, if that's possible, was the only one who lent a hand in any way with said demented beastie.

I skillfully got Ritah focused on said nutty vendor and proceeded to actually accomplish one of my stated missions for today ... a pic of Red Hen. Sorry for the darkness, it was from a distance with the zoom ... she was giving an interview to some podcast (probably Mugglenet) and just as that was ending there was a mad queue for a talk in the nearest marquis, so I didn't get to talk to her or get my pic with her, but the day is not done yet...

Her name is Joyce Odell.

Anyway ... there was a mix up with the ticket John gave me ... it was the red ticket that was for today's luncheon and he gave me the blue one ... oh, well ... hearing him and talking yesterday with him was the real bonus (but the meal would have been nice and I would have liked to hear the stuff on education models at Hogwarts.)

This morning I heard a talk on Snape as a Byronic (as in Lord Byron) gothic hero and the different literary types that contribute to him, which I'll do a spot more on later, and a talk on the whole not mentioning Voldy's name and Judaic medieval magic practices of fear of names and invocational magic (which kind of connects with Granger's stuff on it in Looking for God in Harry Potter, but with an interesting twist on Voldy ... more on that later, too.)

Good lineup this afternoon for me:

- A Shining Silver Thread: Memory and Identity in Harry Potter

- The Slytherin Question

- Harry Potter and the Problem of Evil: An Ancient Riddle Revisited (I'm drooling over that one ... the guy's bio sounds like he is an old-school powerhouse - Rev. Francis Bridger.)

- On Hobbits and Wizards: Comparing the Magical Realms of Middle-Earth

And with that, I'm off to class!

posted by Merlin at 3:37 PM


Comments on "More Lumos Pictures and Morning Report"

 

Blogger Pauli said ... (July 29, 2006 5:22 PM) : 

Dude, that dementor is choice. Glad you kicked it's bum. What does your patronus look like?

I'm curious about the seminar "The Slytherin Question" since you know I always say that I'd probably end up in Slytherin since I'm too much like Horace Slughorn (minus the rotundity.)

 

post a comment




Blog Directory & Search engine

Syndicate Muggle Matters (XML feed)
iPing-it!