Muggle Matters Home
About our site
Make Site Suggestions
Narrative defined (Merlin)
Silver & Gold (Merlin)
Elendil's Sword (Pauli)
"X" Marks/Chiasm (Merlin)
Literary Approaches (Merlin)

Travis Prinzi




Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More

We hope you enjoy reading our Harry Potter discussion weblog. Please feel free to leave a comment and return often for more discussion.



 
 
View blog reactions
Add to Google
Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

More Lumos Pictures and Morning Report
Lumos 2006 Class Notes - Friday
Can you see Merlin now?
A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words: John Granger ...
Pictures and Fun Stuff From the Night Before "Clas...
Lumos
Study Finds HP Has Positive Impact on Kids School ...
News from Lumos-bound Professor
R.A.B. and the Big Switcheroo
Robed and Ready


----------------------------------------------------------------------- -->

Hogwarts, Hogwarts,
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare
And full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff.
So teach us stuff worth knowing,
Bring back what we forgot,
Just do your best
We'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot!



1: The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2: Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3: There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4: Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5: Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6: His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7: The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8: The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9: The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10: More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11: Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
12: Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13: Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14: Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Busted at Lumos 2006!

Well, It finally happened ... Snape busted me and exposed me to the whole Lumos wizarding community as a were-pirate. The Ministry swooped in and had me before the Wizengamot in a matter of seconds. A laptop with wi-fi was brought in and www.MuggleMatters.com brought up and they indicted me instantaneously of writing about Pirates of the Caribbean on a Harry Potter named page. They were just bringing that Dementor back in to give me a nasty smooch when I managed to escape through a daring burst of swashbuckling and magic. I hopped up on a table and grabbed a chandelier and swung and jumped (acrobatically doing a couple flips in mid-air, narrowly missed by numerous stun and impediment spells), landing just beyond the area protected by anti-apparition enchantments and apparated back to my hotel room across the way ... but not before yelling "Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and Slytherins! You will always remember this as the day you almost caught Captain ... uh ... er ... Wizard Merlinus Ambrettus!"

The conference is not actually over yet and I am not actually leaving till tomorrow but I thought I would come over here and blog. They're having an auction and stuff tomorrow and the leaving feast (but I would not be in the great hall for that one anyway ... and it's from 9 -11, which makes going to Church at the Cathedral way over by the strip and getting to the airport on time for the security checks and all for the flight a little close). Tonight is mainly eaten up at the conference with a HUGE podcast by "LeakyMug" - the combined forces of Mugglenet and Leaky Cauldron. I figure they will have that available online for those interested, but I would have gone anyway if it wasn't just madly packed. Seriously, the thing did not start til 6 or 6:30 and there was already a huge line when I was walking to the last class at 4 pm. I'm more the academic type and am not really well traveled in the HP "fandom," but I gotta tell ya ... those folks have some seriously dedicated and excited fans... it's pretty cool.
posted by Merlin at 10:55 PM


Comments on "Busted at Lumos 2006!"

 

post a comment




Blog Directory & Search engine

Syndicate Muggle Matters (XML feed)
iPing-it!