Muggle Matters Home
About our site
Make Site Suggestions
Narrative defined (Merlin)
Silver & Gold (Merlin)
Elendil's Sword (Pauli)
"X" Marks/Chiasm (Merlin)
Literary Approaches (Merlin)

Travis Prinzi




Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More

We hope you enjoy reading our Harry Potter discussion weblog. Please feel free to leave a comment and return often for more discussion.



 
 
View blog reactions
Add to Google
Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

Everybody Knows the Granger Et al book is availabl...
Book 7 Ponderings
Movie 5 footage
The "Gilded King"
OotP Trailer: Someone took a camcorder into the th...
Head, Heart and House
Biblical Chiasm
The Never Asked Question
Theology Images
"Back News"


----------------------------------------------------------------------- -->

Hogwarts, Hogwarts,
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare
And full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff.
So teach us stuff worth knowing,
Bring back what we forgot,
Just do your best
We'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot!



1: The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2: Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3: There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4: Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5: Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6: His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7: The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8: The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9: The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10: More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11: Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
12: Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13: Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14: Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Muggle Matters Switched to "Beta"

I took the plunge and converted Muggle Matters and my other blogs to Beta, Blogger's newer improved format. It makes changes much quicker to implement by eliminating the need to continually "republish" and features a new spell-checker which is much faster -- although I still wish you could add your own words. Best of all, we can now categorize posts with labels which appear at the bottom of each article.

If you would like to comment and you are having problems or if you find any dead links, please feel free to email me using the link in the left column.

UPDATE: This link will help anyone get through the tedious process of converting to Blogger Beta.

Labels:

posted by Pauli at 9:44 AM


Comments on "Muggle Matters Switched to "Beta""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (December 14, 2006 11:36 AM) : 

Excellent, excellent. I see there's a search function now. Is that new, or have I just missed it?

Now, if you could just make the "Muggle Matters" title at the top a hyperlink to the main site, everything would be perfect! ;)

Good to see blogger is improving. I abandoned it a long time ago because of all that republishing nonsense and constant technical issues.

 

Blogger Pauli said ... (December 14, 2006 11:47 AM) : 

Travis, the search bar is "new". It just magically reappeared in the beta-ing process. I would rather have it somewhere else, and that's why I originally had it removed by Blondie (not Debbie Harry), but since you like it and we like you, I'll leave it there.

I worked on getting the logo to be a link for about 3 hours once and finally gave up. That was a year ago.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (December 14, 2006 10:43 PM) : 

Keep me posted on the beta transition. I tried to, but blogger said I couldn't....yet....and meanwhile, I've heard some complaints about it not working that great....so I'm curious to know if you'll still like it as well, in, say, a week.

Like, for example, when I tried to log in, even though it says below it will accept a blogger account, it didn't recognize me and my password.

And now it won't let me log in as "other" in the options, so I guess I have to try door #3--Anon

Nancy Brown
http://mrsnancybrown.blogspot.com

And door #3 didn't work either. Going to try the google/blogger button again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (December 14, 2006 10:44 PM) : 

Ok it took me like, 15 minutes to make that post go.

So far, I'm not impressed with beta. :-/

Nancy

 

Blogger Pauli said ... (December 15, 2006 8:38 AM) : 

Nancy, I feel your pain. Google is the new Microsoft in more ways than one. It's basically a forced upgrade in a lot of ways. I had to do something bizarre the first time I tried to comment on MM -- my own site -- after converting. But beggars can't be choosers, and Blogger is free. (Travis is laughing at us because he's on Wordpress and I believe that's free also.)

In defense of Beta, though: My blogs hosted on blogspot, like Shuttlecock get updated IMMEDIATELY when I change the template. No republishing. The spell checker ROCKS and the labels are nice. So if you get a google password and get past the initial hurdles, you should be fine.

 

Blogger Nancy C. Brown said ... (December 15, 2006 10:32 PM) : 

Thanks, Pauli, you've given me hope.

Although I still can't convert, and secretly...OK not so secretly, I'm not sad about it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (December 15, 2006 11:29 PM) : 

Actually, wordpress.com is free. Using the wordpress.org software requires you to buy web space, so what I'm doing at SoG is not free.

There is nothing in the world more maddening than spending hours on web design, and it still isn't right.

 

Blogger Pauli said ... (December 16, 2006 10:41 AM) : 

Nancy, being that you now must be seen as a Traditionalist Blogger I must say that the new Beta version is not pro omnibus, but pro multis. (Har, har, har....)

 

post a comment




Blog Directory & Search engine

Syndicate Muggle Matters (XML feed)
iPing-it!