Muggle Matters Home
About our site
Make Site Suggestions
Narrative defined (Merlin)
Silver & Gold (Merlin)
Elendil's Sword (Pauli)
"X" Marks/Chiasm (Merlin)
Literary Approaches (Merlin)

Travis Prinzi




Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More

We hope you enjoy reading our Harry Potter discussion weblog. Please feel free to leave a comment and return often for more discussion.



 
 
View blog reactions
Add to Google
Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

Linguistic Invasion 101 in Harry Potter and the Or...
ScarCrux Theory
Cho Chang as 7th DADA prof after book 7 and Expell...
Bad Reviews on Potter and Order of Phoenix Movie
The 3-4-5 Insanity Chiasm in the Harry Potter Series
Merlin's Manifesto: Further Support of Chiasm in t...
A few new posts - From Goblet of Fire
My Full Response to Mr. Joe Woodard's Piece Critic...
"For Girls Only, Probably" - On Rowling's site
On A Lazy Saturday With the Hammer Hanging


----------------------------------------------------------------------- -->

Hogwarts, Hogwarts,
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare
And full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff.
So teach us stuff worth knowing,
Bring back what we forgot,
Just do your best
We'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot!



1: The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2: Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3: There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4: Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5: Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6: His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7: The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8: The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9: The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10: More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11: Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
12: Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13: Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14: Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

No Place Like NYC

I have a copy of Deathly Hallows on reserve at the Union Square Barnes and Noble for the release of Deathly Hallows Friday night ... Jim Dale is going to be at the Union Square Barnes and Noble ... apparently this one big event ... I'll try to get an autograph or a picture or something.

Merlin in the Magical City
posted by Merlin at 8:39 PM


Comments on "No Place Like NYC"

 

Blogger Pauli said ... (July 17, 2007 9:02 PM) : 

That's cool. Hey, here's the deal. I'm guessing that you're going to finish reading the book before Lissa and I do. So I'm going to turn off my email notification around Thursday. We're going up to upstate NY on Friday. That way you don't have to worry about posting all kinds of "spoilers" from the book.

Jim Dale rocks; I highly recommend all his recordings of the HP books. He is to Harry Potter what Rob Inglis is to the Lord of the Rings.

 

Blogger Merlin said ... (July 18, 2007 5:30 PM) : 

Yeah, I am taking two trade-paperbacks of HBP with me in my bag and going to see if I can get Dale to autograph them in addition to the copy of DH I will be getting there. I want to try to get him to autograph one HBP to Nate, Julie, Josh, Elizabeth, John Paul, Elijah, Marie, Martha and Monica and the other to you and lissa and Gilbert, Joe and Gideon. The one for Nathan will be for the fact that he got me into the recordings, saying "yeah, I do need to go back and actually read the books because that is a unique experience ... but you should listen to these recordings because this guy Jim Dale does such a great job with the voices, they're just classic" - and Nate has also converted his marketing guy Leo through the recordings (Leo used to be a Lord of the Rings "snob," like me, and is now totally into Harry Potter too ... Pauli and I met him at a 40th B-day party Nate and Lissa had for Paul in early June) so Nate can take it in to work and show him. The one for you and lissa and the boys is because of how classic it was when a few years ago if you asked Gilbert who his favorite HP character was he would say "Hargid, because he's a giant and he growls" ... which is totally Dale's voice work.

If I get them I will snap a pic of the one to you and lissa and the boys and put the pic up here, but I will also be taking my camera to try to get a pic of myself with Dale (in my cross-breed-between-a wizard-and-a-pirate get-up - my friend Reg's girlfriend is an orthodontist and he just gave me the small braces rubber bands for the 4 goatee braids for the deal) and will be putting any pics I get up here.

 

post a comment




Blog Directory & Search engine

Syndicate Muggle Matters (XML feed)
iPing-it!