Muggle Matters Home
About our site
Make Site Suggestions
Narrative defined (Merlin)
Silver & Gold (Merlin)
Elendil's Sword (Pauli)
"X" Marks/Chiasm (Merlin)
Literary Approaches (Merlin)

Travis Prinzi




Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More

We hope you enjoy reading our Harry Potter discussion weblog. Please feel free to leave a comment and return often for more discussion.



 
 
View blog reactions
Add to Google
Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

Book Recommendation: George Weigel, "Cube and the ...
Alchemical Symbolism in Superbowl 40
An Acknowledgement: The Imperius Curse, Free Will ...
Serpents and Simpering
Giants and Gin Part 2: Hagrid the Red
"Crossing" the Line
Newman's "Illative Sense"
What of Thee, oh Toad? : Toads and Basilisks
Toads and Forebodings
Great Article on Horcruxes


----------------------------------------------------------------------- -->

Hogwarts, Hogwarts,
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare
And full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff.
So teach us stuff worth knowing,
Bring back what we forgot,
Just do your best
We'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot!



1: The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2: Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3: There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4: Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5: Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6: His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7: The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8: The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9: The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10: More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11: Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
12: Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13: Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14: Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Merlin the Wizard


Well, I took one of those tests Travis linked to.

11", Ash, Phoenix

"An ash wand signifies growth, balance, and protection. The phoenix tail feather as your core means that you have the capability to be an extremely powerful wizard or witch and that you will defend those you love at all costs."

pretty cool if you ask me, I'm into ashen things (Especially Ash Wednesday - love the "redemption" of Cain's mark on the forehead - cf Bono's line from "In God's Country" on The Joshua Tree: " I stand with the sons of Cain, burned by the fire of Love.")

-Wisdom: scored a 26, which is only in the 1 percentile range for "My Age and Higher" [MAaH](told you I was a blast ended Skrewt - how do you think my wand became so ashen? LOL - apparently losing buttocks is not the only thing Mad Eye Moody should warn us skrewts about concerning carrying our wands in our back pockets [see OotP])

-Bravery: 55 percentile for MAaH - "Where angels fear to tread" eh? (maybe because they're wiser?)

-Emotional: 15, 26 percentile MAaH (not sure what to make of this category)

-Martyrdom: 16, 27 percentile MAaH (wait ... doesn't this relate closely to bravery?)

-Knowledge: 73 percent (81 percentile MAaH)

-Obsession: 61 percent (86 percentile MAaH)

-Spells: 87 percent, 58 percentile for MAaH - "Full Wizard"

"Wow! Impressive. "We can expect great things from you." You must have read the books several times or are just really good at remembering which spell does what." (actually, knowing Latin helps a little - she was a classics major after all)

The DD pic above is the one I got with my spells score - pretty cool pic to get for that, but I mainly put it up out of fond memory for Richard Harris, the truest DD - may he rest in peace.

I tried to do the "really hard test" but lost interest pretty quickly LOL

They need to have a test for understanding the meaning :)

posted by Merlin at 4:57 PM


Comments on "Merlin the Wizard"

 

Blogger jkr2 said ... (January 28, 2006 6:43 PM) : 

maybe someone should write a quizz for understanding all of the theories......

 

Blogger jkr2 said ... (January 28, 2006 6:50 PM) : 

btw i'm jealous. i wanted pheonix feather!!!!

 

Blogger jkr2 said ... (January 28, 2006 6:52 PM) : 

sorry -3rd message.
how did you get the pic? is that by copying the text in the box thingy? i just copied and pasted the blurb above it.

and i miss richard harris too.....
gambon nearly made me walk out (and i'm not 'the type' to walk out of a movie. my dh is. he has no qualms in leaving a movie that doesn't reach his standards)

 

Blogger Merlin said ... (January 28, 2006 10:59 PM) : 

Well, if you mean understanding all my theories - that quiz would pretty much qualify as an entrance exam for the looney bin lol

On the pic:

1. Right click on any pic file on any page and you can save it to your hard drive

2. In the blogger post writing interface, the toolbar across the top, there is an icon just to the right of the "ABC" with check icon (ie the spell-checking icon - I should probably be more familiar with that one LOL) anyway, this icon immedaitely on the right is a picture Icon, it will ask you to

3. you may need to resize it ( I took the size down a lot on the HArris pic) - do this by taking your mouse cursor to the corner of the pic so you get a diagonal line with two arrows on the opposing ends - right click and hold and this allows you to move in and out such that the you adjust both dimensions at once to resize (although I'm not sure if you can do this the first time ... I had to save the post and then edit it)

 

Blogger Merlin said ... (January 28, 2006 11:03 PM) : 

Di dI mention I lvoe ash? when Pauli and I paleyd in a band years ago our practice room was in this low garage building and we had a wood-burner in there ... I used to sit in front of that thing for hours - I love wood-fire, I love the smell of the smoke, when I worked house-framing during the winter months as a laborer one of my jobs was keeping the fire up for breaks and lunch, and I absolutley loved driving home with the smell of wood smoke on my jacket

 

Blogger jkr2 said ... (January 29, 2006 4:31 AM) : 

that all sounds so exotic here for me in the land down under.
it's all pine here...
and as for fires in the garage.... well now, let's talk AIR CON instead. lol.

 

post a comment




Blog Directory & Search engine

Syndicate Muggle Matters (XML feed)
iPing-it!