Oh, no, I've been TAGGED!
|New dad Travis tagged Merlin and I to answer a bunch of questions about books. So...|
1. One book that changed your life:
The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis
This book made me realize that I could lose my soul and go to hell. If I hadn't read it, I might be there right now. Seriously.
2. One book that you've read more than once:
The Everlasting Man by G. K. Chesterton
This book blew me away a decade ago and more recently about a year ago. It's not the easiest read, but don't give up on it. Just take small bites.
3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy
The Deep Thoughts would go good with the sound of the waves crashing, I think, and it might make me laugh as I meditated on my plight and talked to Wilson.
4. One book that made you laugh:
Groucho and Me by Groucho Marx
The famed funny man's auto-biography.
5. One book that made you cry:
Right Turns by Michael Medved
During the part with his ancestors and relatives dying in their attempts to come over to America. Oy, was I bawling.
6. One book that you wish had been written:
How to Stop What Will Happen on 9/11/2001 by Whoever
7. One book you wish had never been written:
The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Fred Engels
I'm sure there are lots that could be placed here -- that was just the first that came to mind. Probably because of Groucho above, no relation.
8. One book you're currently reading:
The Grail Code by Mike Aquilina and Christopher Bailey
9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Spirit of the Liturgy by Joseph Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XVI)
Sitting in my shelf, collecting dust while I blog about Harry Potter.
10. Now I'm supposed to "tag" people. Uhhhh.....this is like duck-duck-goose, right?
John (Cubeland Mystic)
Thanks, Travis, that was actually fun.