Muggle Matters Home
About our site
Make Site Suggestions
Narrative defined (Merlin)
Silver & Gold (Merlin)
Elendil's Sword (Pauli)
"X" Marks/Chiasm (Merlin)
Literary Approaches (Merlin)

Travis Prinzi




Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More

We hope you enjoy reading our Harry Potter discussion weblog. Please feel free to leave a comment and return often for more discussion.



 
 
View blog reactions
Add to Google
Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!

Good point regarding "lap dog Snape" from a reader
It's All Right, Ma, I'm Only Bleeding
Chiastic Bookends
Granger's site alive and well
Not beyond the Veil yet ...
Memories: Part I
Fluids and Fluidity: Potions and Horcruxes
On Seekers
Rialb on Slugs and Slughorn
Umbridge's Shadow


----------------------------------------------------------------------- -->

Hogwarts, Hogwarts,
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare
And full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff.
So teach us stuff worth knowing,
Bring back what we forgot,
Just do your best
We'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot!



1: The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2: Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3: There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4: Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5: Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6: His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7: The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8: The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9: The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10: More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11: Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
12: Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13: Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14: Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Monday, March 20, 2006

The Bronx Brain Bomber



Merlin has been accepted at Fordham University in New York City for their doctoral program! Way to go Merlin!

To celebrate Merlin's letter, we had a big party at our friend's house on Saturday night when this lovely cake was still in existence. Wow, they even spelled "Ambrettus" correctly. I kept singing "Happy Birthday" when I was supposed to be singing "Happy getting accepted to Fordham University" so that was funny to me; Merlin was born on the same day as Bilbo and Frodo, so I was almost exactly 6 months off, or at the wrong equinox entirely.

We wish Merlin the best of luck. Hopefully the 7th Harry Potter book will come out at an opportune time for his studies since we all know he's going to stay up all night devouring it.
posted by Pauli at 4:13 PM


Comments on "The Bronx Brain Bomber"

 

Blogger jkr2 said ... (March 20, 2006 6:02 PM) : 

:D :D :D :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS MERLINUS!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

fabulous news.

jo

 

Blogger Merlin said ... (March 20, 2006 10:54 PM) : 

Thanks Jo :)
I was wondering if that picture was going to be appearing here
... although I have to admit, I am feeling like not quite the Biblical scholar I should be since I was going to work on a post on the image of Ciaphus in the context of the pedagogue in the HP (Particularly regarding Snape and Barty Jr as teachers ... Snape in particular in the flight of the prince chapter, although not necessarily teaching in the midst of committing murder, ie the "Bad Snape" theory, but in the context of his real anger towards Harry) ... but didn't have my Bible in front of me at the time, and so I thought "I'll just google Ciaphus" but found that not knowing the exact chapter and verse of Ciaphus' high-priestly prophecy prevented me, for the time being, from finding the passage to use as an opening epithet.

I still also have the post on "riding death" from Book 5 to write.

 

Blogger Merlin said ... (March 20, 2006 10:56 PM) : 

I'm way too much of a little kid too ... some people keep saying "The Bronx? you don't want to live in the Bronx do you?!?!?!" and I have to hide a smile

 

Blogger Pauli said ... (March 21, 2006 10:01 AM) : 

Yeah, this whole doctorate scam is just a big, fat excuse for Merlin to live in NYC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (March 21, 2006 6:22 PM) : 

Excellent! Brain-stretching is a good thing. Does this mean you'll have more time to blog about Harry Potter? Wait...let me guess. Your thesis will be on the revolution of the blogosphere by Harry Potter bloggers?

 

post a comment




Blog Directory & Search engine

Syndicate Muggle Matters (XML feed)
iPing-it!